Sunday 16 April 2017

THE WRITER WENT TO PANGLAO

While were in the van traveling from one tourist destination to the next, I noticed that everywhere I look I saw a lot of tourists but mostly westerners riding a motorbike. Many of them were in their flipflops and short shorts and Ray-ban, just taking the road to see the different places of what Bohol could offer. I was curious and so I asked our manong driver.

He said that there are many stores from where you can rent a motorbike if you want to have that intimate experience with the beauty of the place and I couldn't agree more.

So after we had an overnight at Tagbilaran, the next morning, we rendezvous with the others at the Island City Mall where we took a jeepney ride to bring us to Panglao. For me the ride was amazing and it felt like we were traveling with the locals which was the best way to travel in my opinion.The jeepney was fully packed and we were crammed like sardines but it was fun. The ride dropped us off at Alona Beach.

I always find the light



Alona Beach is where the tourist mecca. The beach front where you'll find affordable restaurants depending on your budget. It caters to all and there are locals offering island tours, scuba diving, snorkeling and many more every corner.

 The thing was, it felt like we were the tourist who came from a different country since everywhere I turned, I found westerners if not Korean and Japanese. Good thing I looked like Japanese and I often mistaken as one but that didn't bother me anymore and I could use it to easily blend in.

Some Japanese guy talked to me in their language and I had no idea what he was talking about, I politely answered him in English which was a very funny encounter.

Hello Boys

Alona Beach Front
I have to say, the Beach front was amazing. You'll hear reggae music blaring somewhere and beach tourists were sitting in front of the restaurants or in a bar drinking refreshments and eating tacos and nachos, the good stuff. Life in the beach was really great and relaxing. The sound of the waves lapping at the shores, the blue seas, boats taking tourists to their island tours, people perfecting their sun tanned skin. I couldn't wait to strip right down to my speedos to join them and worshiped the sun god. The goal was, I wouldn't go home until I was crisp brown. LOL

Tan Mug or Not

Your Beach Babe Realness

Who do I kill to go back here?


We walked the entire stretch to see all the stores and saw sun worshipers on their back or front on the sand reading books or just simply soaking the heat.

Rasta Style

Sun Bather Unite

View from where we Ate

 That night, after we took a shower and cleaned ourselves, we were ready to have dinner. We went back to the beach front and the entire scene changed. There were acoustic band, the chairs and tables were outside and tourists were ready to party. Since none of us drink so we were only there for the food and beside, we were already famished - good meal over amazing conversation.

We had seafood of course and took a little stroll by the beach afterwards. It was the best thing to do before we end the day - watching the moon from the horizon as the night sky meets the dark sea. Before we went home, we ordered mango shake in a store near the lodge.


 The lodge where we stayed was very cheap. For a room we payed 900 pesos and it could go low up to 800 pesos.

Panglao was amazing. The only downside was, you could hardly swim in the water because there were lots of boats but other than that the place was great.



I wanted to go back though. Probably very soon.

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment